02 January 2012

the name.

let me explain...and forgive me for talking about sizes.

do you remember back in the 90's there was a store called 5-7-9? (after a quick search i see they still exist, ours didn't last. they are owned by rainbow, and i do remember shopping there, but that was in the cheaper mall.)

my bff used to shop there. i always wanted to, but it was a little more expensive than mom was willing to spend.

it was rare that we even went in there, but when we did i knew i was going to find something cool. something to wear that would make me feel good.

later i found out where their name came from. clothing sizes.

i'm long past the 5-7-9 days.

i do remember being in a 4 on my wedding day. man that felt nice.

mostly i've been steady at a 6.

then i saw that number rise as the babies came.

so now, i'm trying to work my way back down.

and if i'm honest, i probably could have added a 12 in there too.

/random.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I will share my sizes too...4 years ago I lost 115 lbs! Then gradually gained 40lbs back...on my journey to lose those 40 lbs again!!

    Sizes-28,26,24,22,20,18,16,14(Small for me!Everyone has their size)..then 14,16,18...goal...14 or 12...:)we can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hear you on that one! i was a size 6 on my wedding day and it's only been 3.5 years since that day....i have doubled in size. ::hides face in hands:: i want to get back down to a 6/8. Lord willing. don't know that i will ever be THAT small again but i'm going to get as close as possible. you can do it. is that store like delia's? i loved delias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I over squeeze into my 12s...
    I was a 6 on my wedding day too.
    ::sigh::
    I wish I could be your running partner.
    I have no motivation when I have no one physically pushing me
    I am very proud of your progress. I need to get my head where you are.
    XXOO. Great Job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember 5-7-9! I got a Homecoming dress there one time.
    Sometimes I wish I could cut the size out of my jeans. In high school, I was a size 1, which probably wasn't healthy. Then I moved up to a good healthy size 4. After kids, my body requires a size 8. And if the size 8 doesn't fit, I just won't buy that size of jeans. It's so dumb of me, because clothing sizes are so subjective and vary by brand and fit...but I miss those less than 5 numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep, i was a size 10 on my wedding day. i lost 35lbs and was down to a 10 which felt great for me. then came baby and a year of mistreating my body. now i'm a 14 and paying for all those days of emotional eating. all i want is to wake up in the morning, go to my closet and know there are clothes tht are going to fit, instead of the same two outfits that hide everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i will be your biggest cheerleader!!! I have tried to get every Vandercar to buy into the biggest loser concept for years and finally gave up (beating head against the wall). Dave is the smallest but only because I buy no bad food which is much easier now that it is just the two of us. Your comment about weighing less than your brother cracks me up because Nancy has the same goal with Dave, (read previous comment about no food in house). You will succeed, and if you have a slip, start over right then from that point. Healthy is definitely the better way :) I have pointed out to dave on numerous occasions that our children both work out on a regular basis because of the example that has been set (not saying by who but I am pretty sure we can figure it out). Good luck, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was a 12, now I'm a 10. *Happy Dance* I am working towards my goal of 6 or 8. I have never in my life been this 'small.' In high school I was a 13. Pregnant with my first I got up to a 16. Yikes! I find you inspiring, so much I've started a fitness section on my blog! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete